Injuries from accidents involving semi-trucks or other commercial vehicles can be devastating for you and your family. You’ll need the assistance of a Palmer commercial truck accident lawyer to pursue compensation. Turn to the professionals at the Law Offices of Curtis W. Martin at 907-746-9800 to request a free consultation.
Facts About Semi-Truck Accidents
Much of the country’s economy relies on the trucking industry, accounting for the large number of semi-trucks on the road at any time. Since 2009, accidents have increased by 52%. About 388,000 commercial truck accidents occurred in 2018, with approximately 107,000 cases involving injury and over 4,400 involving death.
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
Avoiding an accident involving a commercial truck requires safe driving techniques and understanding what causes these accidents. Here are some of the most common ways semi-trucks have incidents on the road:
- Driver fatigue: Drivers usually receive payment from a trucking company based on how fast they drop off or pick up goods. Drivers spend many hours on the road, resulting in fatigue.
- Equipment malfunction: Commercial truck companies must ensure that their vehicles are safe to drive, but they don’t always do it. Malfunctions can lead to dangerous driving conditions.
- Oil spills from tankers: Human error, ill-maintained roads, and weather contribute to fuel spills, leading to other vehicle crashes.
Cell phone use, drunk driving, reckless driving, and unbalanced cargo distribution also contribute to semi-truck accidents. If you are hurt or sustain property damage from an accident involving commercial trucks, you’ll need the assistance of truck accident attorneys. Contact the Law Offices of Curtis W. Martin if you’re ready to file a claim.
Why You Need a Palmer Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer
Unlike car accidents that involve a driver, commercial truck accidents often include a driver and a truck company. The inclusion of a business and possible underlying issues with the vehicle make it difficult to establish liability.
Working with qualified personal injury lawyers is the best step to take when filing a truck accident lawsuit. These incidents often produce substantial injuries and financial setbacks due to the size of the trucks and the scope of the accidents. At the Law Offices of Curtis W. Martin, we consult with trucking industry leaders to establish liability and pursue rightful compensation.
Types of Damages You Can Recover
The compensation you receive for injuries will depend on several factors, including the number of responsible parties and the extent of your injuries. Payment can take two forms:
- Economic damages: This pertains to financial losses you have resulting from the accident, such as lost wages, medical expenses, and vehicle repairs.
- Non-Economic damages: You may receive an award for personal consequences, like pain and suffering or the loss of companionship.
Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you sustain injuries from a truck accident in Palmer, AK, you’ll need assistance from knowledgeable and reputable truck accident lawyers. The Law Offices of Curtis W. Martin has years of negotiation experience and handling complex cases. Request a free consultation with a Palmer commercial truck accident lawyer from our firm today by calling 907-746-9800.